Read the 2018 editorial, written by Dr Eric Valeur, Director of New Modalities & Innovation (AstraZeneca, Sweden): "A new landscape of chemical modalities in Chemical Biology and Drug Discovery".
The French Medicinal Chemistry Society (Société de Chimie Thérapeutique - SCT) is pleased to invite you to Strasbourg, France on July 4-6, 2018 for the 54th edition of the International Conference on Medicinal Chemistry (RICT 2018).
The congress will be devoted to “Interfacing Chemical Biology and Drug Discovery” and the main topics will be:
- New opportunities for metabolic and cardiovascular diseases
- New breakthroughs in GPCR structure, function and their impact on drug discovery
- New modalities for challenging targets in drug discovery
- Chemical biology in drug discovery: visualizing biological processes
- Tackling challenges in drug delivery and formulation
- Case studies: from target validation to novel drugs (all therapeutic areas included)
As for previous editions of RICT, the scientific committee will ensure the high quality and diversity of the scientific programme together with the accessibility of the meeting to PhD/post-doc and local Master students. For the latter, an advantageous registration fee is proposed. Moreover, a special career session will be organised with industrial and academic participants.
During the meeting, you will have the opportunity to listen to Prof. Sir Shankar Balasubramanian (Univ. of Cambridge), recipient of the 2018 Paul Ehrlich Award, awarded for his outstanding contributions to medicinal chemistry.
Furthermore, the Pierre Fabre Award for Therapeutic Innovation will be attributed to a researcher having accomplished a decisive action or made a discovery contributing to a therapeutic innovation.
In addition, a poster session will provide the opportunity for all participants to present their current results. “Best poster” prizes will be attributed at the end of the meeting.